Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Exoskeleton - listen, feel & action, 2009

These are three of my favorite works that I've produced so far - I can look at them for so long and not get bored. I've worked them for a long time and they're finally at a point that I can live with. Lets see how long I can last without adding more - searching for that elusive 'resolution'. Here's something spooky - I painted the numbers '159' first, chosen purely for aesthetic value. The next number I chose, 206, had to be substantially different from the first, not repeating any digits but also aesthetically loaded. The remaining number had to also avoid repetition but I decided on two digits instead of three, breaking up any kind of pattern. A few weeks later I was sitting on the couch looking at the paintings and I noticed that all my attempts to avoid patterns with the numbers were in vain: 206-159=47. If you know me, then you know that numbers and maths are not my strong suite, but it does go to show how sneaky the subconscious is.
Exoskeleton - Listen
Exoskeleton - Feel
Exoskeleton - Act

0 comments:

Post a Comment